Instant Pot Thai Inspired Beef Curry
A delicious Thai inspired paleo beef curry that is deceptively easy and quick to make.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, or your choice of fat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob ginger, minced
- 3 - 5 thai peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup bone broth, chicken or beef
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs 100% grass fed top sirloin, cut into 1" pieces - can use other cuts of beef
- 4 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- juice from 1 lime
- fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder, optional for thicker curry
- 1/4 cup water, optional for thicker curry
Press the "Saute" button and wait for "Hot" to display on readout.
Add the coconut oil (or your choice of fat), and onions and cook 2 minutes.Add the garlic, ginger, and thai peppers and cook an addition 1 minute, stirring. Add the curry powder and cook for about 30 seconds to toast the curry powder. Then, stir in the coconut milk, bone broth, the coconut aminos and the fish sauce. Give it a good stir to combine the coconut cream and the bone broth.
Add in the beef, stir once more and put the lid on and lock it. Turn the knob on the lid to "Sealing" and press the "Warm/Cancel" button and then press the "Manual" button and adjust the timer to 20 minutes using the "+" or "-" buttons.
Once the timer is done, you can either quick release the pressure by turning the knob on the lid to "Venting" or let it depressurize naturally.
Once depressurized, remove the lid and add in the carrots and celery. Press the "Warm/Cancel" button and then press the "Saute" button and cook the veggies until tender, or to your desired texture.
Add in the mushrooms and the lime juice and cook another minute or two.
Press the "Warm/Cancel" button to shut it off. If you wish to have a thicker curry, make a slurry from the 3 Tbsp of arrowroot and 1/4 cup of water and stir it into the pot.Adjust seasonings to your liking with fine sea salt and pepper.
Serve immediately over cauli-rice or on its own. Both ways are delicious!