If you’ve ever tried to order wings for the Superbowl from your local wing joint, you know just how iffy that can be! Long lines, delivery mishaps, and messed up orders. These wings are not only super delicious, but they are so easy to make and sure to be a crowd pleaser. They’re even healthier for you because they’re baked. Yep…no standing around a pot of hot oil, dodging splatters.
Plan ahead because these need to marinate for at least 3-4 hours.
Simple ingredients: Wings, oil, limes, garlic powder, onion powder and chipotle pepper (this is what I use) and it gives the wings a nice smoky kick.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and give it a good toss.
Pour the wings and all the juice into a ziplock bag. Remove as much air and seal the bag. Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours. Fabulous if you can marinate it over night…but…really, who plans that far ahead, right?!?
Place the wings on rack over a foil lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven (375 degrees) for about 45 minutes. Turn the wings over and bake another 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Serve immediately and bask in the accolades from those adoring, wing eating, football watching guests that are tearing your living room. On a side note…you don’t have to worry about wing sauce ending up all over the furniture!!
For Pinners (and I luv luv luv it when you pin!):
Chipotle Chili-Lime Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, separated at joints, tips removed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp chipotle pepper powder
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; chicken, lime juice, olive oil and chipotle pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until all chicken is coated.
- Pour chicken and all the liquid in the bowl into a ziplock bag and remove as much air as possible before zipping it shut. Place in refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. Better if left overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a rack on a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet and using tongs place wings on the rack.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until nicely, nicely browned. Turn the wings over and bake an additional 5 minutes to crisp up and brown the bottoms.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with a pinch of fine sea salt.Serve immediately or at room temperature.