Most weekday mornings we have a green shake for breakfast because it’s quick, it’s easy, and it let’s us hit the snooze button multiple times! However, at least twice a week, my chompers are wanting to start the day actually chewing something hearty for breakfast, so this is one of my quick go-to recipes for breakfast. There’s nothing new that I’m adding to a breakfast taco, it’s mainly here because I wanted to share with you the Almond Flour Tortillas. Yes, tortillas!!!
I also love the recipe because, depending on how much sausage you use to fill each taco, you’ll probably have left over sausage, which can be used another morning to make my Sausage, Mushroom and Spinach Frittazza recipe.
It took me all of 20 minutes or so to whip this up, take multiple photos and have it on the table ready to eat. Imagine how quick it’ll be when you make it and not have to take photos! These are the Almond Flour Tortillas. They are delicious! I get them at Mom’s Organic Market but I’m sure you can Google somewhere near you.
The sausage comes from one of my favorite places that I order my meats…US Wellness Meats. Delicious.
Let’s get this breakfast started.
Saute the sausage. Boom! Done.
Scramble the eggs. Boom! Done.
Place the tortillas in the microwave for 8-10 seconds. Just enough to get them warm. Alternatively you can use tongs to flip them over an open flame (gas stoves) to warm them.
Build your breakfast taco: Put some sausage and some eggs on a tortilla, toss on some fresh tomatoes and or salsa (maybe some guacamole if you have some), sprinkle with a smattering of fresh parsley and boom. Done.
Eat while you marvel at how delicious those almond flour tortillas are and just how much time you still have left before heading out the door!
Paleo Breakfast Tacos
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 3-4 eggs
- pepper to taste
- 4 almond flour tortillas
- 1 T parsley chopped, optional
- In a skillet over medium high heat, fry sausage until cooked, approx 7-8 minutes, breaking it up with a spatula into small crumbles. Remove sausage to a plate.
- Add oil or ghee to the pan. Beat eggs in a bowl and add to the pan, scramble them up. Season with pepper to taste.
- Microwave tortillas (spread out, not stacked) for 8 - 10 seconds, or until warm. Alternatively, use all metal tongs to quickly flip a tortilla over an open flame (gas stove).
- Assemble your taco by placing sausage and eggs on the tortilla and sprinkle parsley on top. Garnish as you desire with salsa, guacamole, jalepenos, etc.
Got Leftovers? The leftover cooked sausage can be used another morning (or even dinner) in my Sausage, Mushroom and Spinach Frittazza recipe.