There are just some weekday mornings when we want something other than our normal quick breakfast routine of a green shake. Something a little more hearty that maybe involves some chewing without creating a sink full of dishes. Enter Paleo Avocado Toast.
Wait…Paleo Avocado Toast? Toast? Even though I have found Barely Bread, which is a really good grain free bread, it’s rather expensive. Therefore, I decided to use my Paleo Almond Flour Waffles instead of toast. I had made a batch over the weekend and had frozen them for moments just like these. This recipe assumes that you’ve already made my Paleo Almond Flour Waffles and have it on hand. Or…you can easily make a fresh batch!
The Making of Paleo Avocado Toast
It’s almost like several pretty standard items went to the same party and immediately became friends.
First, Paleo Almond Flour Waffle arrives early, lightly toasted and feeling pretty relaxed and ready to meet some new friends.
Avocado, wondering how it was going to present itself and wanting to make a good impression, decided on freshly smooshed with salt and pepper and a hint of lime, instead of sliced. After arriving, Avocado immediately cozies up to Waffle.
Soon after, Tomato rolls in and notices Waffle and Avocado having a great time and wanders over to join in on the fun.
Meanwhile, Fried Egg has slid into a little bit of hot oil in a cast iron skillet and is slowly getting ready over a nice medium flame.
Finally done, Fried Egg makes its way to the party, arriving fashionably late of course, and gravitates to where all the attention seems to be focused. Fried Egg plops right down and makes itself at home.
So the party is almost in full swing, however, no party is complete until fun loving bacon arrives with a little bling and a fork!!
And that’s the true story of how Paleo Avocado Toast came to be. Seriously, no joke.
In case you want to Pin and save it for later (and pinning is greatly appreciated!):
Equipment I used for this recipe:
Paleo Avocado Toast
- 1 Paleo Almond Flour Waffle
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- fine sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 eggs
- If your Paleo Almond Flour Waffle is frozen, lightly toast it in a toaster. Keep an eye on it, you don't want to burn it. 30 seconds or so should be enough.Cut into quarters, if it isn't already.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and lime juice with a fork until chunky. Add fine sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to your liking. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a small cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Crack an egg into the skillet and cook to your desired doneness. Repeat for the second egg.
- To assemble the Paleo Avocado Toast, top each toast (waffle) with the smooshed avocado. Top that with tomato slices. Place fried egg on top and serve immediately.
NotesPlease note: the prep and cook times for this recipe assume you have already made my Paleo Almond Flour Waffles recipe and have one on hand to use.